Looking to Serve You Better - On-line Survey
We are conducting an on-line survey of our members, local residents, and others to gain a better understanding of how best to serve the community in the future. Completing the survey should take 10 to 15 minutes.
Please click here to participate!
The survey will be open from February 1 to 29, 2020.
Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas and comments!
Marble Arts Centre Update #9
We own and operate the MAC. Located at 13 Bridgewater Road in Actinolite, this renovated hall is air conditioned, has comfortable theatre seating for up to 124, wonderful acoustics, and is wheelchair accessible. The MAC has a stage, backstage working area, lighting and sound systems, projector and screen. The Jack Vance Studio Lounge includes a kitchenette, reception facilities, and is licensed by the AGCO to serve alcohol. Free parking is available. The MAC can be rented for stage productions, other performance events, movies, classes, meetings, weddings, and family gatherings. T&AAC is also open to hosting events with other organizations or performers.
This fall, the stage at the MAC was reconfigured and painted, new/additional fire extinguishers purchased, and improvements were made to storage in the Jack Vance Studio Lounge. Thanks to generous donors, a UV system was added to the water supply, and an AED/defibrillator purchased. Next on the wish list are improvements to the main entrance (slip-proof steps, better lighting), enhancement of the sound/projection equipment, drainage improvements to divert water flow from the roof/driveway away from the building and basic landscaping at the back, and refurbishment of the bell removed from the tower in 2018. We are always reviewing potential opportunities for grants from foundations and government programs.
Seeking Members & Volunteers!
The Tweed & Area Arts Council is a charitable, not-for-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. Established in 2006, membership is open to all who wish to join. T&AAC was founded on the belief that the arts are for everyone, and our vision is to enrich the cultural life of the community by promoting awareness of and appreciation for all of the arts. Charitable tax receipts are issued for memberships and donations.
Maybe you would consider helping out at our events (e.g., fish fries, performances), or with special projects (e.g., fundraising; landscaping; graphic/ web design etc.)? We are a small but mighty and fun team, looking to share some of the activities we offer for programming, supporting local arts initiatives, and operating/maintaining the MAC. Please contact us!
MAC Seat Sale!
T&AAC is offering an opportunity for patrons to purchase a customized, inscribed brass plate for one or more seats at the MAC! For each donation of $50.00, a seat will be randomly selected and a 1"x2" brass plate placed at the top centre of the seat. Of 124 seats available, we have already sold over half! You will receive a charitable tax receipt($40.00 for each $50/seat purchased).
2020 Season Announcement - Mark Your Calendars: Our 2020 Plans
Remember, your attendance at T&AAC events provides not only great entertainment, it supports local arts, and the proceeds help offset T&AAC operating costs and remaining essential work at the Marble Arts Centre. And now you can enjoy a cool beverage in the licenced Jack Vance Studio Lounge. Other plans are in the works, so more to follow as the year progresses.Look for updates as things evolve.
- Sat. April 18 Craig Cardiff
- Sat. April 25/Sun. April 26 Tweed & Co. Theatre presents Hot Mess: A Way Too Intimate Evening of Song and Story Kelly Holiff
- Sat. May 2 Marble Arts Student Theatre Spring Show
- Sat. May 9 Rick Fines
- Thurs. May 28 Heart of Hastings Hospice /T&AAC bi-monthly Music with a Heart Performers To Be Confirmed
- Sat. June 6 Andy Forgie and Big Black Smoke at the Kiwanis Pavilion
- Sat. June 20 Marble Arts Players & Friends present Solstice, Anyone?
- Fri. July 24 to Sun. July 26 Tweed & Co. Theatre presents Boy Falls From the Sky
- Sat. Aug. 1 Art in the Park & Fish Fry Tweed Memorial Park
- Sat. Aug. 15 Tom Juhas/El Blotto Twangueros
Unless otherwise noted, events are at the Marble Arts Centre, 13 Bridgewater Road, Actinolite, in the Municipality of Tweed.
Tickets for selected events will be available on-line at Eventbrite.ca
(as well as the Tweed News/Bush Furniture) beginning in mid-February/March 2020
- Thurs. Sept. 24 Heart of Hastings Hospice /T&AAC bi-monthly Music with a Heart - Performers To Be Confirmed
- Mon. Sept. 28 T&AAC Annual General Meeting
- Sat. Oct. 24 Red Dirt Skinners
- Thurs. Nov. 12 Daniel Champagne
- Thurs. Nov. 26 Heart of Hastings Hospice /T&AAC bi-monthly Music with a Heart Performers To Be Confirmed
- Sat. Dec. 5 Christmas at the Centre - Marble Arts Student Theatre
Tickets for Tweed & Company Theatre shows are on-sale now!
Tweed and Area Arts Council, PO Box 359, Tweed, ON K0K 3J0
* Tweed & Area Arts Council * www.tweedartscouncil.ca * 613.478.1343