Since 2006, the Tweed & Area Arts Council (T&AAC) has enriched the
cultural life of the community by promoting awareness of and appreciation for the arts. The T&AAC was founded on the belief that the arts are for
everyone. Our vision is to enrich the cultural life of the community by promoting awareness of and appreciation for all of the arts. T&AAC is a
volunteer organization, and membership is open to all artists or those who support the arts. T&AAC is a registered charity; tax receipts are
issued for memberships and donations. The volunteer board is elected by the members at the annual general meeting.
Current Board Members
- Virginia McKeown, Chairperson
- Gary Mcleod, Vice Chair
- Meriel Child, Secretary
- Robert Giguere, Treasurer
- Mark Lesage, Director
- Bonnie Marentette, Director
- Vicki McCulloch, Director
- Develop relationships between artists and the community
- Advance awareness and appreciation of the arts through communication, education, and partnerships
- Create and maintain the Marble Arts Centre (MAC)
- Collaborate closely with the Municipality of Tweed and other partners
- Encourage participation in the arts, especially by youth and seniors.
- Provide public performances and visual arts displays
- Provide instructional seminars
- Produce arts festivals and cultural activities
On its own and with partners, over the years T&AAC has:
- Developed the Marble Arts Centre MAC in Actinolite available for weddings, performances or other events
- Produced the annual Art in the Park in August
- Presented the T&AAC Student Theatre classes and productions
- Hosted productions by the Marble Arts Players, Tweed Summer Youth Theatre, Tweed & Co. Theatre and others at the MAC
- Sponsored an annual writers competition
- Provided space at the MAC for the annual Tweed & Area Studio Tour and Alberta Young Memorial Jamborees
- Shown classic movies at the MAC and Moira Place long-term care facility
and much, much more.
Check out our Coming Events to see what we have planned for this
Click here for information on rental of the Marble Arts Centre for your own functions!